Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Track What You Eat

I cheat.  Instead of filling out a weekly menu ahead of time, I record what we eat afterwards.  It's fast, easy, and it gives me information for the future.  Recording information afterward seems to be a system that works well for me.  No stressing or worrying about the changes that inevitably come up.  
Fruit trays make a great party tray.  This is what we served at the park.
The record below is a sheet from Sept 11, 2011 which was about a month after our diet changed.  At that time, I was still making Shawn's lunches and snacks for work, and that was my primary concern in filling out this form - what I was feeding him for his healing.  The fruit and veggies in the park was the first party we hosted with our new diet, and it all went well.


Sun
Mon
Tues
Wed
Thur
Fri
Sat
Breakfast







Lunch

salad
spaghetti, honeydew
salad
tomato lentil stew
leftover


Snack
fruit and veggies at park

plum

carrots (Shawn likes them, not me)


Dinner
smoothies
sweet potato fries and salad
sweet and sour veggies with rice
tomato lentil stew
S -oatmeal

Us- pigs in a blanket
Baked oven fries cooked carrots

Dessert








This week, I've started a menu log to track what I'm REALLY eating.  I'm not losing the weight I want, and I suspect it's the desserts and not enough exercise.  Still, if I have to record those two Oreos maybe I won't eat them.  Here's a blank "Menu Log" form in case you want to cut and paste.


Sun
Mon
Tues
Wed
Thur
Fri
Sat
Breakfast







Lunch







Snack







Dinner







Dessert










No comments:

Post a Comment